Now I absolutely love cheesecake but dont eat dairy. What’s a girl to do? I got so excited when I came across this Dairy Free Chocolate Cheesecake recipe from The Wellness Warrior I got onto it straight away!
Now before you even read any more go and soak 2 cups of cashew nuts. Go and do it now. Trust me!
For the base:
1 cup almond meal
About 4 Medjool dates (pitted)
¼ cup desiccated coconut
1/4 cup of coconut oil (add slowly until it combines to make a biscuity base)
For the filling:
2 cups of cashews (soaked for 8 hours) *see what I mean!
½ frozen banana
½ vanilla bean (use the paste scraped from vanilla bean) *I used vanilla essense
¼ cup coconut oil
2-3 tbs cacao powder
1/8 cup maple syrup *I used honey
What to do:
1. Blend almond meal, dates and coconut together then press into the bottom of a baking dish.
2. Blend cashews, banana, vanilla bean, coconut oil, cacao and maple surup until consistency is smooth and mousse-like.
3. Spoon mixture over the base.
4. Put the cake in the freezer for a couple of hours for it to set. Then, take out of the freezer a little while before serving so that it’s easy to cut.
5. Serve with fresh or frozen berries.
This is super easy to make and super delicious! Send in your pics once you make it. Try and take it before you eat the whole thing (that was why this pic is from The Wellness Warrior!)
Dont forget to sign up to my newsletter and receipe all my new recipes straight to your inbox. You will also receive a FREE LESSON PLAN from my soon to be released Tiny Chefs Program.