This Health Challenges series looks at some of the top health challenges people face when trying to change their health and wellbeing. This is tailored to parents but also busy people who want to have the best health and life ever!
“I just don’t have time!” is one of the biggest health challenges people face. I’m going to tell you my secret and how you can start to incorporate this into your week to reduce the amount of time it takes during the week to eat like you know you want to.
The Sunday Night Session
Being a mum takes a lot of preparation. Prepare for daycare. Prepare just to go to the shops. Prepare meals. It’s something I do all the time. Until I became completely organised getting prepared to go or do anything took a long time. Especially now with 2 children. My secret to being organised is The Sunday Night Session. Now this could happen Monday night, or Tuesday night, or Wednesday night… you get the idea! But I choose Sunday because I used to work full time and that’s just what I needed to do.
So my Sunday Night Session looks like this:
– Cook up veggie/meat burger patties (that’s my sons favourite and the only way I can get some vegetables into him!)
– Roast a heap of veg (sweet potato, potato, pumpkin, carrot works well)
– Cut up veg sticks
– Make up some healthy biscuits (usually a double batch)
– Make up some date/nut balls (again a double batch) get recipe here
– Scoop yoghurt into 10 little containers
– Wrap up and freeze/store all the food into individual portions
– Make up a delicious banana cake! (that’s for me to enjoy once I finish my stuff)
Now I have plenty of healthy snacks for us for the week! My biggest excuse when I was working for why I couldn’t eat healthy was because I didn’t have time. So I made the time on a day that I was the least tired. I’m not working a full time job now but will quite often enjoy my Sunday Night Session to get everything all organised for the week ahead. There are other things I include now though; washing, folding and writing. It certainly helped me and my family eat so much better. I really don’t have an excuse now.
PS. If you would like any of the recipes above check out my recipes