This Health Challenges series looks at some of the top health challenges people face when trying to change their health and wellbeing. This is tailored to parents but also busy people who want to have the best health and life ever!
‘I don’t know where to start’ is such a common challenge that I thought I would touch on it and break it down so it is super super simple.
Just make 1 change. It doesn’t matter what it is.
That may sound so simple but what change? I have written a list below to make is as simple as possible. Just pick one for this week and really focus on it. Write it down and stick it on the fridge so that you have it at the front of your mind all week. Then next week pick another one. Then keep going. Remember to take things slowly, if you try to change it all at once you can become overwhelmed and easily revert back to your old ways.
- Change from margarine to butter (loads of health benefits and reduce your chemical intake)
- Change to Himalayan rock salt instead of table salt
- Snack on fruit and nuts during the day
- Have a drink bottle full of water and drink throughout the day. Aim for at least 2L a day.
- Meditate for 5 minutes a day
- Make a batch of nut balls/oat balls to snack on throughout the week and for the kids
- Add extra salad at lunch or dinner
- If you drink milk swap to full cream pasteurised only milk (less processed and more goodness in every glass!)
- Get fruit and veg from local farmers markets, co-op or try and get organic at you local store
- Purchase grass fed beef
- Purchase free range (and organic if possible) poultry
- Purchase free range (and organic if possible) eggs
- Swap your sugar to raw local honey
- Have a green smoothie each day
- Write down or talk to someone about 3 things you are grateful for each day (great to start this simple habit at the dinner table)
There are quite a few and they all range from something quite simple to something that may take a bit of work. It really depends where you are at on your health journey.
If you need any help just email!
Keep up the awesome work.