It’s Monday morning. Again. I hate Mondays if I wake up late and am rushing around trying to get everyone ready. If I had woken up at 7am I wouldn’t have time for my morning routine and would be running around getting everyone dressed, shovelling in some toast for breakfast while throwing fruit in my bag for Mr 2 to eat in the car as we drop hubby off to work. The washing would wait until later and I wouldnt have had time to go for a walk, shower or eat properly.
But…I LOVED this morning though. Why? I was up at 5am nursing my youngest then changed him and we had some snuggles. Then Mr 2 wakes up around 5.30am and he joins in the snuggles. I then send them both into our bedroom to wake up the hubby who was blissfully asleep (so cute!). I then get dressed and go off on my morning walk with the dog. Absolutely gorgeous morning! I do some quiet stretches while watching the sunrise. Beautiful. Upon getting home I have a shower and get ready. I cook breakfast for the tribe, put on a load of washing, make my green smoothie and then tidy up. Being able to implement my morning routine. What a wonderful start to the day!
I choose scenario number 2 any day!! With my morning routine I get more done in the day. I’m happier. I’m able to write on my blog…like this article I know things can come up but its great to try and have a morning routine MOST of the time. You will feel so much better for it.
It is super simple to create a morning routine.
- First of all write down 2 things that make you feel great. Mine are my morning walk and my green smoothie.
- Next, write down at least 3 things you HAVE to do. Mine are shower, breakfast and getting the kids organised.
- Work out how much time you need to get this done. For me it takes about 2 hours to get it all done but I like to add in some work time too so maybe 3 hours.
- Now, work out what time you need to get out the door. For me this is usually by 8am.
- Then the final step is work out what time you need to wake up. For me that is 5am.
What does your morning routine look like? Watch out for Part 2 of this topic where I will go through how to stick to it! Part 3 looks at creating a morning routine for your classroom.