The Tiny Chefs Gardening Program helps you get your garden truly thriving while learning so much more about growing fresh food.
Included in the Tiny Chefs Academy or $99 by itself
- a full year’s scaffolded gardening program
- 4 play-based lessons per term
- flexible guided teaching and learning activities
- fully resourced, print-ready materials, shipped as convenient PDFs
- health & safety and risk analysis notes
- automatic access to further resources and an interactive garden design tool at Kitchen Gardeners International (www.kgi.org)
The gardening program helps you get your garden established, engages the children to maintain it and supports them in appreciating how our food grows.
The Tiny Chefs Gardening Program is designed specifically for the early years child. Each of the plants that are recommended with the program have been selected based on their tolerance of small hands, their durability and how quick they grow. The beginning of the program highlights the risk analysis for each of the plants and activities.
As part of the program you will receive an annual membership to the Kitchen Gardeners International garden planner. The garden planner is an interactive tool that you can use with the children to design your garden based on your particular climate and space available. This is an amazing tool which can help you with long term maintenance of your garden too.
You receive your own login for the garden planner.
When you login there is a step-by-step guide on how to get started.
- You can change the shape of your garden to suit your area
- You can drag and drop different plants into your garden and it will show you how many to plant in a specific area
- An information tab will come up of each plant showing you when to plant and harvest, how much water, space and sunlight they need
- It is all aligned with you current climate
- It will remember your garden so that when you rotate your crops next year it will tell you where to grow specific plants to reduce pests and ensure they thrive
- This is completely interactive and a great activity to do with the children